[BRLTTY] More then one connection to brlapi

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Feb 12 12:04:57 EST 2006

Hi,

Jan Buchal, le Sun 12 Feb 2006 17:39:35 +0100, a écrit :
> I have the same problem with orca now. So If I run orca first then the
> orca works fine but if after I start the speechd-el, orca don't show on
> braille display already. Any solution?

I don't know orca's code much, but:

	PyArg_ParseTuple (args, "|ii:init", &tty, &how)

	ttyNum = brlapi_getTty(tty, 0); /* HOW = give me BRLCOMMANDS */

i.e. the tty number seems to be passed somehow as python argument. You
can probably set the correct tty somehow there. But it should rather do
just like gnopernicus:

- if WINDOWSPATH is defined, then just call brlapi_getTtyPath(NULL, 0, BRLCOMMANDS)  (this will be the preferred way in the future)
- else, get the XFree86_VT property of the root window, and call
brlapi_getTty(vt, BRLCOMMANDS);

Btw, since brlapi is LGPL for some time already, orca could just use
brltty/api.h API definitions rather that relying on the (possibly
changing) ABI.

Regards,
Samuel