[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Linux PDA devices

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jan 30 18:54:45 EST 2006

Essentially this is following up on a discussion that took place on this list
in December, where Nicolas thoughtfully suggested buying a Bluetooth-capable
braille display and a small PDA-style device to be used where a laptop wasn't
necessary.

On what such small devices has BRLTTY been compiled and run? Are there any
other devices that you think would be suitable and should work but which
haven't been tried so far?

I am thinking of following the above-mentioned suggestion. The only devices in
this class I am aware of that run Linux are the Ipaq and the Sharp Zaurus (the
latter is apparently no longer manufactured). However, there may be
lesser-known devices of which I am unaware.

I would need to be able to run at least BRLTTY and a text editor; some form of
networking would be preferable.