[BRLTTY] Compiling static brltty - No screen or unreadable screen

Nath nath.ml at free.fr
Sun Jun 4 17:56:50 EDT 2006

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Nath, le Sun 04 Jun 2006 20:50:24 +0200, a écrit :
>> Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> writes:
>>
>> > Hi,

>> > You also need to set the screen driver I guess: --with-screen-driver=lx
>> >
>> Unfortunatly this doesn't solve the problem, always the "No screen"
>> message when I run the brltty binary even with this option passed to
>> ./configure script.
>
> Mmm, strange. Is the output of ./configure including:
>
>    internal-screen-drivers: lx
>
> ?

Yes, when I run ./configure with the option --with-screen-driver=lx the
output includes this line. if I run ./configure without passing the
option the line obtened is : screen-driver: lx

> And have you disabled the framebuffer of the installer?

yes. In fact before trying to start the static brltty in the Ubuntu
install environment I try to execute it on the machine where I have
tried to build it. so no framebuffer : BRLTTY dynamically linked works
perfectly on this machine.

> Samuel

Nath