[BRLTTY] Problem with fedora installer

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Mar 1 16:54:30 EST 2006

[quoted lines by Sauro Cesaretti on 2006/03/01 at 22:33 +0100]

>I tried both fedora core 3 and core 4 images.
>Well, About the baum driver both work well even if
>when during the starting stage I saw
>on the display "1 startup problem" message in
>fedora core 3 and "2 startup problem" message in fedora core 4.

It'd be nice to try to figure out what those problems are, but it's a bit
difficult since the system logger isn't running that early and the installer
screen clears the text. Do you have a sighted friend or colleague who could
watch to see if the errors are displayed long enough to read just before the
installer screen comes up?

I'm glad both images work and shall leave them on the server.

>About the serial-usb adapter, unfortunately It doesn't work.

It's possible that the necessary kernel modules aren't included. That wouldn't
surprise me because the devices weren't there. I think RedHat is thorough
enough that they'd have created the devices had they included the modules.

>I don't know if I made mistakes.
>I passed these parameters on boot:
>text brltty=ts,ttyUSB0,it for powerbraille emulation
>I used to work with it to work with my old display.
>text brltty=bm,ttyUSB0,it for baum

No, you didn't make a mistake.