[BRLTTY] Does the rhmkiso script work for anyone at all?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Mar 7 11:04:46 EST 2006

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2006/03/07 at 16:06 +0100]

>> The FC4 boot.iso uses the "newc" cpio format, rhmkiso
>> forces the oldc format.

I just rechecked and this isn't true. When creating the archive, rhmkiso
specifies the -c option of cpio. The man page for cpio says:

   -c     Identical to "-H newc", use the new (SVR4) portable format.

Now it's true that the -c option is specified after the -O (output file)
option. Perhaps the version of cpio which you were using needs the -c option to
be specified first. Can you check into this. If that's a requirement then I'll
make the change.