[BRLTTY] Does the rhmkiso script work for anyone at all?

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Mar 7 21:46:07 EST 2006

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 06:30:46PM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> Okay ... revision 2151 uses -H newc. I'm using cpio-2.5-7.
>
> Now we still need to decide what the best way to make missing devices is. The
> old way, i.e. copying them from the host system, doesn't work if they don't
> exist on the host system either. The new way, i.e. using MAKEDEV, is
> apparanently not portable. We could hard-code our knowledge of the major and
> minor numbers.
Could you use udev for this? I'm not conversant with all the details, but with
a properly configured kernel and udev installed, /dev is populated according
to the udev rules. I am sure CD distributors (notably distribution
maintainers) have already worked out how to take advantage of it on live CD's
and other distribution media.