[BRLTTY] Does the rhmkiso script work for anyone at all?

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Mar 8 02:20:57 EST 2006

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 10:25:27PM -0500, Dave Mielke wrote:
> No, it can't. BRLTTY is started in these installer images about as early as
> user-space would permit, i.e. immediately, before anything else has been
> started.
I've just checked out how my laptop does it, which runs a fairly recent
version of Gentoo.

The initial /dev nodes are created by a MAKEDEV script and reside on the root
file system. Later, udev is mounted over the top of /dev as a tmpfs file
system.

In the absence of anything better, you may have to follow this procedure,
which is likely to work better as long as someone else is maintaining the
MAKEDEV script and it creates all the nodes you need, which in this case would
be part of the CD image.