[BRLTTY] linux screen driver and commands

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Mar 10 08:41:02 EST 2006

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Mario Lang, le Fri 10 Mar 2006 10:04:40 +0100, a écrit :
>> There is a problem though:  How do you figure out which
>> keyboard to grab?
>
> Good question :)
>
> There are several ways to choose the keyboard: they are numbered in the
> detection order, they have internal ids, and the evdev driver can give
> the topological position (usb or ps2 bus for instance).
ANd USB vendor/product IDs...

> I'd say that by default, all keyboard should be grabbed. And if she
> wants to, the user may choose the keyboard by her preferred method among
> those described above.
Sounds like a plan, I would drop detection order though,
thats so unreliable that it is completely useless IMO.

So, by default, grab all devices which appear to be a full
keyboard (EV_KEY is set for > some number of keys), and introduce
a configuration option which allows to select a specific one.

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'
   `-