[BRLTTY] libsupc++?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat May 6 14:35:40 EDT 2006

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2006/05/06 at 20:06 +0200]

Hi:

>I've had a suspicion that our linking of libsupc++ is really
>bit rot and no longer necessary, and hey, see, a quick
>test confirms that.  Should we perhaps drop it from configure.in?

We'd still need it were we to go back to having C++ code. If we're willing to
make the commitment that c++ will never again raise its ugly head then that,
plus a few other lines of configuration, can all go. I'm not so sure we can,
though, since it may be required for external driver code which we may need to
interface to.