[BRLTTY] FC5

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri May 12 15:33:37 EDT 2006

[quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2006/05/12 at 08:58 +0200]

>I've just upgraded to FC5 on a pc. It's not longer possible to have
>'/binbrltty' as the second line in the file '/etc/rc.sysinit'. I put
>it at the end, and then, BRLTTY started. How early is it possible to
>have BRLTTY in the file?

What happens? Do you get no braille, or do you end up with several brlttys all
running at once?

Could you sned me a copy of your rc.sysinit so that I can have a look at it?

One possibility is that there are lines like this near the beginning:

   # Rerun ourselves through initlog
   if [ -z "$IN_INITLOG" -a -x /sbin/initlog ]; then
       exec /sbin/initlog -r /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
   fi

If there are, try starting brltty right after them.