[BRLTTY] Braille in CLDR

Erkki Kolehmainen erkki.kolehmainen at kotus.fi
Wed May 24 02:59:05 EDT 2006

Dear All,

In reference to my earlier correspondence on this:

The identification of the meaning of the Braille symbols in the various
cultural (language-country) environments is now tentatively planned for
implementation in CLDR 1.5 (the Common Locale Data Repository maintained
by the Unicode Consortium). Since the release of CLDR 1.4 is scheduled
for 21 June 2006, specification and data collection work on Braille
symbols for the next release should start without further delay.

I am, however, in no position to personally commit either local or
global resources to this effort.

Sincerely,

Erkki I. Kolehmainen
Coordinator, Cultural Diversity Issues in ICT
Research Institute for the Languages of Finland (RILF)
+358 400 825 943, eik at iki.fi