[BRLTTY] Python brlapi and translation table question

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Nov 16 05:26:06 EST 2006

Hi,

scott at bashautomation.com, le Wed 15 Nov 2006 21:11:21 -0500, a écrit :
> 1.  Are the translation tables able to be swapped out at runtime.  If not,
> are there any plays for such a feature.

What do you mean by "swapped out"? Doesn't the preference menu have a
translation table selection item?

> 2.  I am very confused about the AND/OR properties of the Write class.
> Could you please give a small snippet showing an AND/OR operation
> (preferably in Python) and the expected result.

Well, it's not implemented yet in Python. It is supposed to let you
remove/add dots selectively, usually used for attributes.

> 3.  The latest update includes the displayNumber property in the Write
> class.

The displayNumber field is actually not yet implemented.

> I have not been able to connect with the latest version.  Any help
> here would be greatly appreciated.

Oh? Do you get an error message?

> 4.  On a real devices with a display of say 40x3, can it be viewed as a
> display of 120 sequential characters or is it more complicated than that.

That's precisely how things work: you just can write 120 character
strings.

Samuel