[BRLTTY] What shall we do with bluetooth passkeys?

Stéphane Doyon s.doyon at videotron.ca
Thu Nov 16 09:05:35 EST 2006

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Dave Mielke wrote:

> The second is if it's
> sufficiently secure for a user to put his PIN in a general data file like
> brltty.conf or if it's ultimately better to just let Bluetooth hide it away
> somewhere and somehow.

Useless side question: is there actually any way to change the PIN on a
Brailliant to something other than 1234? Are there any other bluetooth
displays out there, and do they allow changing the PIN?

'cause otherwise, it's not a big secret :-) and we can set it without
asking the user.

Another vaguely related observation: the security implications of putting
the PIN on a file are more or less comparable to securing the API key.

--
Stéphane Doyon
<s.doyon at videotron.ca>