[BRLTTY] What shall we do with bluetooth passkeys?

Andor Demarteau andor at nl.linux.org
Fri Nov 17 13:40:36 EST 2006

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Jan Buchal wrote:
 >     JW> Of course, anybody who gains root access will be able to read
 >     JW> the pin, but this is inevitable in that the information cannot
 >     JW> be encrypted (the application needs the original value), and it
 >     JW> has to be stored somewhere.
 >
 > But what with live CD? If you will want use braille device which has
 > bluetooth only?
bluetooth-only IMHO is a very very bad design choice.
Why? cause not everywhere is it allowed to produce radio frequencies.
if you have a bt-only display, forget about using it aonboard an airplane
i.e., there goes your opprotunity to read up othat needed document you
didn't have time for.
bt should at least have usb as companion connection ability.

Andor Demarteau                 E-mail: andor at nl.linux.org
student computer science        www: http://www.nl.linux.org/~andor
UU based & VU guest-student     jabber,icq,msn,voip: do ask ;)