[BRLTTY] Python bindings connection error

Peter Parente parente at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 08:51:20 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm working with Scott Haeger on supporting the new BrlAPI Python
bindings in LSR. Scott has been able to get BrlTTY/API compiled,
installed, and working properly from SVN on his machine, but I have
not. More specifically, I am able to compile and install, but I get
something like the following exceptions whenever I try to create a
Connection object in Python:

>>> import brlapi
>>> c = brlapi.Connection()
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
 File "brlapi.pyx", line 219, in brlapi.Connection.__init__
brlapi.ConnectionError: couldn't connect to :0 with key
/etc/brlapi.key: Connection refused
>>> c = brlapi.Connection()
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
 File "brlapi.pyx", line 219, in brlapi.Connection.__init__
brlapi.ConnectionError: couldn't connect to 127.0.0.1:0 with key
/etc/brlapi.key: Connection refused

I checked for /etc/brlapi.key, but it does not exist. Also, I tried
running "brltty -x no -b xw" both as root and as an unprivileged user,
but I get the same error either way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete