[BRLTTY] key problems on Alva Satellite 544 with brltty 3.7.2

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Oct 3 16:36:42 EDT 2006

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2006/10/03 at 12:45 -0400]

>No, I can't convince you any more than you can convince me. :-)

I'm sure you can. It's only through plain and simple discussion that we can all
come to a comon understanding, and that's all I'm trying to do ... understand.
Please do explain to me why non-predictive autorepeated panning is better than
the highly predictive skipping of blank windows.

Earlier I did raise the possibility that reading literary text may be better
served by autorepeated panning. There's another argument that'd make sense to
me, i.e. if no Windows screen reader offers a feature like the skipping of
blank windows then I can well understand why a user would want the same
deficiency on Linux, i.e. because he wants to be able to work in a similar way
on both platforms. What do people think about both of these possibilities?

Is there anyone who'd be vehemently opposed to an added preferences menu
setting for autorepeated panning?