[BRLTTY] Probable contraction error: Lucknow

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Mon Oct 9 15:58:12 EDT 2006

I think anything that's in the dictionary should work right. Things not in
the dictionary, such as people's names or weird abbreviations, don't need to
be fixed.

Perhaps excepting if there's a pattern. I can't think offhand of a word
starting with "Belv" that isn't pronounced "bell v...". Brltty uses the b-e
sign which is wrong, but since these aren't generally dictionary words I
don't know whether we need to bother.

Lucknow, on the other hand, is in the dictionary; but if someone were to
coin a word "lucknowledgeable" we could safely ignore them.

--
Lee Maschmeyer
<lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu>

"Be kind to your fur-bearing friends,