[BRLTTY] Is brltty accidentally holding the device longer?

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Thu Oct 12 12:15:39 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I used to be able to switch fairly well on Cygwin between brltty and Jaws.
Along in the Jaws 7.1 testing cycle it became nearly impossible to go from
brltty to Jaws; the latter would try to grab the device too quickly and give
up when it failed.

Today I switched back to Jaws 7 which, I had concluded, was slower to wake
up and gave time for brltty to go to sleep. I had the same problem with this
older Jaws.

Is it possible brltty is accidentally a microsecond or two slower than it
used to be in releasing the device?

As I remember, Dave and Samuel told me brltty checks every 4 milliseconds to
see whether it's lost focus. Could you tell me where that constant is so I
can experiment with shortening the time between tests just for my own
edification?

Thanks,

--
Lee Maschmeyer