[BRLTTY] Variable status cell displays and BrlAPI

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Oct 25 20:29:25 EDT 2006

Hi.

As far as I can see (please correct me if I am wrong), there is no
way to write the status cell content via BrlAPI.  The new
HandyTech Modular Evolution series has no spacing between status cells
and main display, so it could potentially be used as a full 88 (or 64) char
display.  I think we should make sure this can be utilized from
API clients, since these are more likely to not rely on even display
width.  What can we do to make this possible?
Ideally, the brlapi_write call should allow a regionSize of 88.
However, this also means that displaySize should be able to report 88.
--
CYa,
  Mario