[BRLTTY] Repository version

Claassen, Ginger B. claassen at c-lab.de
Fri Sep 8 04:57:48 EDT 2006

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding how to compile the repository version
inorder to run properly.
I checked out the latest version and configured it using my normal
options and tried a few variations after it did not work.
I am using a Papenmeier el 40 s braille device connected via usb.

So far I always get the following error messages in /var/tmp/messages:

brltty[23175]: cannot create directory: ../etc/brltty/usbfs: No such
file or directory
brltty[23175]: USBFS not mounted.

In order to find out if it is a problem of my system or the new pakage
I downloaded the precompiled version (latest revision) and installed
that one with the normal configure options and it works fine beside
the little fact that I still see different text elements only as
questionmarks.

Therefore my question:
Does anyone has an ideawhat the probelm might be or what kind of
options I should use for configure. So far I used:

enable-standalone-programs
with-braille-driver=pm
with-screen-driver=lx,sc
with-text-table=de

Thanks in advance for your help or ideas!

Kind regards

     Ginger

The box said to install Nt 4.0 or better - so I installed Solaris