[BRLTTY] make rpm

Lars Bjørndal lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no
Sun Sep 17 05:27:47 EDT 2006

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2006/09/16 at 18:08 +0200]
>
>>I'm sorry, but there are still problems with ' make rpm'. Please look
>>at the bottom of tis mail.
>>feil: Name-felt må være tilstede i pakken: (main package)
>>feil: Version-felt må være tilstede i pakken: (main package)
>>feil: Release-felt må være tilstede i pakken: (main package)
>>feil: Summary-felt må være tilstede i pakken: (main package)
>>feil: Group-felt må være tilstede i pakken: (main package)
>>feil: License-felt må være tilstede i pakken: (main package)
>
> Could you please give me an English translation of these errors? They seem to
> be naming all the required fields in an rpm header. Whatever these errors are,
> I can't reproduce them. I did find another problem, though, so please upgrade
> to at least revision 2441 and retry. Perhaps you should erase the intermediate
> files, e.g. the .tar and .tar.gz files, first just in case they're causing the
> errors you're getting.

I've still problems. This time, just to be sure, I removde the brltty
directory, and checked it out once more. I then did ./autogen, and
then:

[lrs at fox brltty]$ export LC_ALL=en_US
[lrs at fox brltty]$ ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for library containing __cxa_pure_virtual... -lsupc++
checking if the C compiler can compile C++... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ld... ld
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for make relocatable object command... $(LD) -r -o
checking for loadable module creation command... $(CC) -shared  -o
checking for dynamic library creation command... $(CC) -shared -Wl,-soname,<name> -o
checking for configure shared object directory command... /sbin/ldconfig -n
checking for library containing socket... none required
checking for library containing inet_ntoa... none required
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -Wall -E
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking libintl.h usability... yes
checking libintl.h presence... yes
checking for libintl.h... yes
checking for main in -lintl... no
checking iconv.h usability... yes
checking iconv.h presence... yes
checking for iconv.h... yes
checking for main in -liconv... no
checking if pthreads are available... checking pthread.h usability... yes
checking pthread.h presence... yes
checking for pthread.h... yes
checking for library containing pthread_create... -lpthread
yes
checking which curses package to use... checking ncurses.h usability... yes
checking ncurses.h presence... yes
checking for ncurses.h... yes
checking for main in -lncursesw... yes
ncursesw
checking for X... libraries , headers
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for main in -lX11... yes
checking for main in -lXext... yes
checking for main in -lXtst... yes
checking X11/extensions/XTest.h usability... yes
checking X11/extensions/XTest.h presence... yes
checking for X11/extensions/XTest.h... yes
checking X11/extensions/XKB.h usability... yes
checking X11/extensions/XKB.h presence... yes
checking for X11/extensions/XKB.h... yes
checking for main in -lXt... yes
checking which gui toolkit package to use... checking X11/Xaw/Form.h usability... yes
checking X11/Xaw/Form.h presence... yes
checking for X11/Xaw/Form.h... yes
checking X11/Xaw/Paned.h usability... yes
checking X11/Xaw/Paned.h presence... yes
checking for X11/Xaw/Paned.h... yes
checking X11/Xaw/Label.h usability... yes
checking X11/Xaw/Label.h presence... yes
checking for X11/Xaw/Label.h... yes
checking X11/Xaw/Command.h usability... yes
checking X11/Xaw/Command.h presence... yes
checking for X11/Xaw/Command.h... yes
checking X11/Xaw/Repeater.h usability... yes
checking X11/Xaw/Repeater.h presence... yes
checking for X11/Xaw/Repeater.h... yes
checking for main in -lXaw... yes
Xaw
checking alloca.h usability... yes
checking alloca.h presence... yes
checking for alloca.h... yes
checking getopt.h usability... yes
checking getopt.h presence... yes
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking glob.h usability... yes
checking glob.h presence... yes
checking for glob.h... yes
checking regex.h usability... yes
checking regex.h presence... yes
checking for regex.h... yes
checking syslog.h usability... yes
checking syslog.h presence... yes
checking for syslog.h... yes
checking sys/poll.h usability... yes
checking sys/poll.h presence... yes
checking for sys/poll.h... yes
checking sys/select.h usability... yes
checking sys/select.h presence... yes
checking for sys/select.h... yes
checking sys/wait.h usability... yes
checking sys/wait.h presence... yes
checking for sys/wait.h... yes
checking pwd.h usability... yes
checking pwd.h presence... yes
checking for pwd.h... yes
checking grp.h usability... yes
checking grp.h presence... yes
checking for grp.h... yes
checking sys/io.h usability... yes
checking sys/io.h presence... yes
checking for sys/io.h... yes
checking sys/modem.h usability... no
checking sys/modem.h presence... no
checking for sys/modem.h... no
checking machine/speaker.h usability... no
checking machine/speaker.h presence... no
checking for machine/speaker.h... no
checking linux/vt.h usability... yes
checking linux/vt.h presence... yes
checking for linux/vt.h... yes
checking linux/input.h usability... yes
checking linux/input.h presence... yes
checking for linux/input.h... yes
checking for linux/uinput.h... yes
checking for getopt_long... yes
checking for hstrerror... yes
checking for realpath... yes
checking for vsyslog... yes
checking for pause... yes
checking for sigaction... yes
checking for fchdir... yes
checking for fchmod... yes
checking for shmget... yes
checking for shm_open... no
checking for getpeereid... no
checking for getpeerucred... no
checking for getzoneid... no
checking for gai_strerror... yes
checking for getaddrinfo... yes
checking for getnameinfo... yes
checking for key_t... yes
checking size of key_t... 4
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for inline... inline
checking if the compiler understands the __alignof__ operator... yes
checking if the compiler understands __attribute__((format(printf)))... yes
checking if the compiler understands __attribute__((packed))... yes
checking if the compiler understands __attribute__((unused))... yes
checking for system-dependent compilation flags... -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=2 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500
checking for c compiler yacc source flags... -Wno-parentheses -Wno-unused -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas
checking for c compiler shared object flags... -fPIC
checking for c++ compiler shared object flags... -fPIC
checking for static archive extension... a
checking for shared object run-time search path environment variable... LD_LIBRARY_PATH
checking alsa/asoundlib.h usability... no
checking alsa/asoundlib.h presence... no
checking for alsa/asoundlib.h... no
checking for linkage editor program creation flags... -export-dynamic
checking for static linkage flag... -static
checking for library containing dlopen... -ldl
checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h usability... no
checking bluetooth/bluetooth.h presence... no
checking for bluetooth/bluetooth.h... no
configure: WARNING: Libbraille package not found: /usr /usr/local /usr/local/Libbraille /usr/local/libbraille /opt/Libbraille /opt/libbraille
checking for device directory... /dev
checking for first serial device... ttyS0
configure: WARNING: FestivalLite package not found: /usr /usr/local /usr/local/FestivalLite /usr/local/flite /opt/FestivalLite /opt/flite
configure: WARNING: Mikropuhe package not found: /usr /usr/local /usr/local/Mikropuhe /usr/local/mikropuhe /opt/Mikropuhe /opt/mikropuhe
configure: WARNING: speech-dispatcher package not found: /usr /usr/local /usr/local/speech-dispatcher /usr/local/speechd /opt/speech-dispatcher /opt/speechd
configure: WARNING: Swift package not found: /usr /usr/local /usr/local/Swift /usr/local/swift /opt/Swift /opt/swift
configure: WARNING: Theta package not found: /usr /usr/local /usr/local/Theta /usr/local/theta /opt/Theta /opt/theta
configure: WARNING: ViaVoice package not found: /usr /usr/local /usr/local/ViaVoice /usr/local/viavoice /opt/ViaVoice /opt/viavoice
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating config.mk
config.status: creating brltty.spec
config.status: creating brltty.lsm
config.status: creating Programs/brltty-config
config.status: creating Documents/brltty.conf
config.status: creating Documents/brltty.1
config.status: creating Documents/BrlAPIref.doxy
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/Voyager/mkhlp
config.status: creating ./Makefile
config.status: creating Programs/Makefile
config.status: creating Documents/Makefile
config.status: creating Documents/Manual-BRLTTY/English/Makefile
config.status: creating Documents/Manual-BRLTTY/French/Makefile
config.status: creating Documents/Manual-BrlAPI/English/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/Alva/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/Albatross/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/BrlAPI/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/Braudi/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/BrailleLite/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/Baum/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/BrailleNote/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/CombiBraille/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/EcoBraille/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/EuroBraille/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/FreedomScientific/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/HandyTech/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/IrisLinux/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/LogText/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/MultiBraille/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/MDV/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/MiniBraille/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/Papenmeier/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/TechniBraille/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/TSI/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/TTY/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/VideoBraille/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/Voyager/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/Virtual/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/VisioBraille/Makefile
config.status: creating BrailleDrivers/XWindow/Makefile
config.status: creating SpeechDrivers/Alva/Makefile
config.status: creating SpeechDrivers/BrailleLite/Makefile
config.status: creating SpeechDrivers/CombiBraille/Makefile
config.status: creating SpeechDrivers/ExternalSpeech/Makefile
config.status: creating SpeechDrivers/Festival/Makefile
config.status: creating SpeechDrivers/GenericSay/Makefile
config.status: creating ScreenDrivers/Linux/Makefile
config.status: creating ScreenDrivers/Screen/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: creating Programs/api.h
config.status: executing brltty-summary commands
config.status: Options Summary:
   execute-root:
   install-root:
   libdir: /lib
   sysconfdir: /etc
   program-directory: /bin
   library-directory: /lib/brltty
   data-directory: /etc/brltty
   manpage-directory: /usr/share/man
   include-directory: /usr/include/brltty
   relocatable-install: yes
   compiler-prefix:
   init-path:
   i18n: yes
   iconv: yes
   api: yes
   api-parameters:
   curses-package: ncursesw
   gui-toolkit-package: Xaw
   preferences-menu: yes
   table-selection: yes
   learn-mode: yes
   contracted-braille: yes
   beeper-support: yes
   pcm-support: yes
   midi-support: yes
   fm-support: yes
   pm-configfile: yes
   gpm: no
   standalone-programs: no
   usb-support: yes
   libbraille-root:
   external-braille-drivers: al at ba bd bl bm bn cb ec eu fs ht il lt mb md mn pm tn ts tt vd vo vr vs xw
   internal-braille-drivers:
   braille-parameters:
   braille-device: usb:
   text-table: text.nabcc.tbl
   attributes-table: attributes.tbl
   speech-support: yes
   flite-root:
   mikropuhe-root:
   speechd-root:
   swift-root:
   theta-root:
   viavoice-root:
   external-speech-drivers: al bl cb es fv gs
   internal-speech-drivers:
   speech-parameters:
   external-screen-drivers: lx sc
   internal-screen-drivers:
   screen-parameters:
   screen-driver: lx
[lrs at fox brltty]$ make rpm
./mktar ./ brltty-3.8dev brltty-3.8dev.tar
[...]
Processing file BRLTTY.sgml
Processing file BRLTTY.sgml
Processing file BRLTTY.sgml
Processing file BRLTTY.sgml
Processing file BrlAPI.sgml
Processing file BrlAPI.sgml
gzip -c -9 brltty-3.8dev.tar >brltty-3.8dev.tar.gz
./mkrpm brltty-3.8dev.tar.gz
error: Name field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Version field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Release field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Summary field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Group field must be present in package: (main package)
error: License field must be present in package: (main package)
make: *** [rpm] Error 1

If I then do './mkrpm brltty-3.8dev.tar.gz', I get the same error
messages. However, the spec file inside the tar.gz file seems to be
fine.

What to do now?

Lars