[BRLTTY] Funny race condition with external keyboards

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Thu Sep 21 08:06:02 EDT 2006

Hola (yes, for those that knew, I returned from south america) !

I just happened to trigger a pretty funny race condition while using my
Braille Star over bluetooth with the external keyboard:
I lost the connection during typing, which went like this:
BRLTTY did the display-off beep.
I restarted the display and brltty refound it.
But the keycode for the last key I typed as still UP.
So I got many insertions of the same letter.
We should probably explicitly clear all keys when we happen to
loose the display.

P.S.: Ecuador is a really nice place  I can really recommend it
to anyone who wants to rediscover his/her connection to pachamama.  Two
months without time (I had no clock), no communicaton (my phone was not with
me) can be very good for changing ones viewpoint on certain things :-).
Peru is very nice too, but people are constantly trying to rip
you off, which is not really dangerous but starts to go on your
nerves after a time.
--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'
   `-