[BRLTTY] qemu/vmware/... virtual braille devices?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Apr 7 04:56:05 EDT 2007

Dave Mielke, le Fri 06 Apr 2007 20:44:39 -0400, a écrit :
> [quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2007/04/07 at 00:33 +0200]
>
> >The problem of getting braille working in virtual machines like
> >qemu/vmplayer/... was raised on another list and I had an idea: maybe we
> >should implement a virtual braille device in qemu & co?
>
> Why not solve the problem of why the host device can't be accessed on the
> virtual system? What's the actual problem?

The problem is that you can't let both brlttys use the same device at
the same time. You have to turn one of them off and switch back & forth,
which is tedious. Or use another braille device, which is expensive.
With a virtual braille device everything should work smoothly, just like
for other devices (video board, mouse, keyboard, ...)

Samuel