[BRLTTY] brltty, cygwin and windoweyes

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at myfreedombox.com
Fri Apr 13 20:13:11 EDT 2007

I am now a new Windows user, primarily using Windoweyes, though also
experimenting some with the jaws demo. I have just installed Cygwin and
have installed the subversion brltty. I'm not sure how to handle the
logistics of using brltty for cygwin while also using windoweyes for my
Windows installation. I'm assuming that, unless I hook up two different
braillelites to differen ports, I will have to somehow turn off braille
in windoweyes, but I don't see any way to do this other than either
turning off windoweyes completely or choosing "no display" in the
windoweyes menus. Obviously I don't want to turn off windoweyes
completely because then I'd have to turn it on again each time I wanted
to do something on Windows. But is there a better way to handle turning
off the braille display, assuming there's no way to make it work both
in windoweyes and with brltty?

Tia for any help.

--
Email services by FreedomBox.  Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.
www.freedombox.info