[BRLTTY] brlapi_getDriverId()

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Apr 25 11:01:35 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2007/04/25 at 16:31 +0200]

>I actually like writeStruct more then writeArguments, now that I think
>about it, dont know why.  It kind of links with the C-level, and
>it is not used in some higher level bindings anyway

I don't really mind "writeStruct" all that much myself except that the
parameter name in the prototype should, then, really be "struct" but that's not
allowed since "struct" is a reserved word. That's now left us with
"writeStruct" for a type and "arguments" for the parameter name. It's really
only this inconsistency that's bugging me.

>(at least the lisp bindings do not export anything about writeStruct, Lisp is
>flexible enough to hide the underlying problem, it has named arguments for
>functions if you need them).

That's also true for the Tcl bindings. Java, on the other hand, doesn't support
named arguments. Python does, but the current implementation is using a
WriteStruct object.