[BRLTTY] A bug in revision 3008-09 of version 3.8dev?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Apr 30 15:16:46 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2007/04/30 at 14:52 -0400]

>Ah, hmm, no.  I didn't mean the existing driver version string at all. I
>really mean to have a separate symbol automatically added to each
>dynamically loaded driver pointing to that string with the global BRLTTY
>version.

Yes, I understand now.

>And that string may not only be "BRLTTY version 3.8" but it
>should also include the svn revision number as reported by svn during
>the build process, like $(svn info | sed -ne 's/^Revision: //p') as well
>to be safe.  It would need to be autogenerated and included in the .tgz
>distribution of course.

Yes. It'd be nice for this to work when the source tree has been exported
(rather than checked out) as well. This is something I haven't figured out how
to do yet. Does anyone know how to get svn export to produce a reliable
revision number? For checked out source I'd use the svnversion command, but, of
course, that doesn't work for exported source.