[BRLTTY] Resolved: GPM open error: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Aug 23 19:43:57 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Keith Wessel on 2007/08/23 at 17:12 -0500]

>Just to give some resolution to this, I just recompiled brltty without gpm
>support (Thanks to Gentoo, I just had to turn off the gpm keyword for this
>package and re-emerge it). Obviously, it's no longer trying to connect to
>brltty, so it's happy now.
>
>I'll try rebuilding with gpm support when the new gpm version is released
>into Gentoo's stable branch.

Also, the latest brltty (not released yet) properly handles the "Window Follows
Pointer" preference so that no attempt is made to connect to GPM when it's off.

I think we still have a mystery on your system, though, i.e. why it wouldn't
connect to the running gpm. That's something I'd really like to know the answer
to.