[BRLTTY] lfs live disk and braillenote

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Aug 24 08:59:26 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by cody on 2007/08/24 at 19:10 -0700]

>  I have my braillenote 32 and am trying to boot the live cd of lfs 6.3 pre1.
>  I boot and at the second beep at the boot prompt I type:
>
>linux brltty=bn,ttyS0
>
> and I let it boot. It will not display anything.

Am I correct that you don't even see the brltty startup message?

>I have tried the other serial port and tried ttyS1 as well every combo and
>even switching the cable around.

Do you have a working Linux or Windows system which you can boot that box into
so as to be sure regarding which port you're connecting to?

>The only thing I can think of is that the command I'm typing is incorrect.

What you're typing certainly looks consistent with the Guidelines page on
brltty's web site. I don't know if LFS follows it, though. Perhaps someone on
this list has experience with LFS.

Now it's my turn to ask a dumb question: Are we sure that that LFS boot image
has brltty on it?