[BRLTTY] Resolved: GPM open error: Inappropriate ioctl fordevice

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Aug 24 09:57:59 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by Keith Wessel on 2007/08/24 at 08:22 -0500]

>Nope, I was getting inapropriate IOCTL for device.

Okay, good. It all makes sense now.

>So, sounds like I'm back to running without GPM compiled in until I see the
>new GPM release come into the stable branch of Gentoo.

Or the new (not quite released yet) brltty, which will also not try to
communicate with gpm if Window Follows Pointer is off. It should be released
fairly soon, now, although, of course, I'm not sure how quickly GenToo will
pick it up.