[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and ssh

Øyvind Lode oyvind.lode at lyse.net
Wed Aug 29 13:35:27 EDT 2007

Hi

Will BRLTTY and the braille display work when logging into a remote host?

Let's say that I use a host called "embla" where the BRLTTY daemon is
running and I can use the local console but then I ssh to a host called
"valhall", will the screen on "valhall" be sent to the braille output?

I apologise for not having read the docs and archives (unfortunately I'm
unable).
I am a low vision guy which have been using linux / administration linux
servers etc at work using a screen magnifier on Windows and the ssh
client PuTTY.
Unfortunately it is now to hard for me the read so I'm going to attend a
course to learn braille system and I hope to then be able to install
Linux on my PC and be able to access the text console by using brltty
and a braille display.
Currently I do not know how to use a braille display and brltty ...

Thanks!