[BRLTTY] Trying to boot debian etch ppc netinstall with brltty

Cheryl Homiak chomiak7737 at att.net
Wed Dec 5 04:31:30 EST 2007

I was hoping to repartition a powerpc mac mini and dual boot
linux and Macosx. I had read that there was support for brltty in the etch
netinst but although it sounds to me like the cd is booting I can not get
brltty to start. I am using a Keyspan USA19H serial-usb converter. Of
course I'm not going to repartition my hard drive and reinstall macosx
unless I know I can get the debian etch netinst to work. My questions are:

(1) Am I correct in my understanding that I should be able to use brltty
to install on a ppc, or are the images only there for using brltty after
install?
2. Are the instructions for starting up brltty when booting the netinst
the same for the ppc installer as for the i386 installer? I would think
the answer would be Yes but want to cover all the bases.
3. I have tried bringing up brltty with ttyUSB0. is there anything else I
should try?
4. Is there anything else I might be overlooking in trying to boot with
brltty that I should consider.

Any help would be appreciated; TIA.

--
Cheryl