[BRLTTY] upgraded brltty now it won't work

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton47 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 04:56:38 EST 2007

On 8/12/2007 8:27 PM, Jason White wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 07:53:10PM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:
>> I upgraded BRLTTY.
>> It ran make ok and then I ran make install and it installed ok.
>> Now when I type BRLTTY I get version 3.9 rev unknown.
>> On my display when I start typing or use the thumb keys I either hear
>> the pc speaker beep on my system or see.
>> "no screen"
>
> Try
> killall brltty
> and then restart brltty and see if that solves your problem.

It didn't. I removed brltty 3.72 and brltty 3.9.
Then I reinstalled brltty like:
sudo ./configure | more
sudo make install
It installed fine, but there were warnings when the configure script ran.
If it installed though, should it be fine to use?
Now with the following command I still see "no screen"
brltty -b bn -d /dev/ttyS0 -t en_uk

Any ideas?
sudo apt-get remove brltty
says brltty isn't installed so not removed. I assume this is because I
installed brltty with out apt?
So I need to use make uninstall to remove it.
Basically is apt telling me brltty isn't installed a problem?

> If not, find out where the new brltty is installed. There is a possibility
> that the two versions are installed in different directories and BRLTTY is
> has happened to me before.

How do I do this?
Also when I run brltty the version number (3.9) is displayed on my display.
Then it also says rev unknown and the brltty website. Is this all ok?

now it goes back to no screen.
When pressing buttons on the display like routing keys I hear the
computer beep and the same with the thumb keys.

Any ideas?
Could I be missing a certain package?

--
Daniel Dalton