[BRLTTY] More ex[ero,emts om gettomg ; omix pm a mac mini using brltty

Cheryl Homiak chomiak7737 at att.net
Sat Dec 8 15:05:56 EST 2007

after not being able to get brltty to come up on the netinst for debian
etch, I tried a Ubuntu live cd; I'm not sure which version this was but it
had brltty 3.7.2. I was able to start brltty after login but the
braillelite gives me mostly question marks and no legible information; I
seem to remember this from when I tried ubuntu a while back. However, this
did confirm that ttyUSB0 should be the correct designation for the
serial-usb setup for brltty. I'm now burning a version 7.10 cd of ubuntu
and am going to try booting that and see what results I get from brltty.
this doesn't really solve my problem completely as I'd prefer to do a
straight debian install instead of ubuntu and I also don't remember the
ubuntu installer as being easily accessible though this may have changed
since I last tried it. One thing I have noticed with both the debian etch
cd and the ubuntu cd is that I actually had to hit enter twice instead of
once to get booting going; I'm not sure why this would be the case. I also
did try to get brltty to come up in ubuntu at boot and was not successful
with this but at least by using sudo I was able to start brltty once the
system was completely booted.

If anybody has actually installed linux on a ppc system using brltty, I'd
appreciate input as to which dist and version of that dist enabled you to
use brltty for the install.

Tia.

--
Cheryl