[BRLTTY] upgraded brltty now it won't work

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton47 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 21:19:55 EST 2007

On 9/12/2007 12:06 PM, Jason White wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 09:37:46PM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:
>
>> I figured it out by reading the manual. Sorry for asking.
>>
>> One thing though is it normal rev is unknown and that I must run brltty
>> as root to use it?
>
> It is normal that you need to run it as root.

Ok and why is the rev unknown?
It says that when brltty starts and when I type brltty from a console I
also get
the version. then   it says  rev unknown.
Finally when running configure I got a warning about revision unknown.
Why is this? And is it bad?

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/