[BRLTTY] Only question mark characters when runningbrltty inppc ubuntu and ppc debian etch

Cheryl Homiak chomiak7737 at att.net
Tue Dec 11 21:40:43 EST 2007

Certainly anybody can just try brltty with the patch and see if it works,
but if we really want to be sure that this was the one and only problem with
ppc and it is now fixed, I would think it would have to be tested
specifically in a ppc environment. The only way I can use brltty directly on
my Mac at present is via screen in terminal so this problem doesn't apply
there; the only way I could test it would be if it was incorporated into a
cd. At least as far as I know that's the only way I could test it.

Thanks again for working on this; when it is incorporated into a debian
installer there will be at least one ppc brltty user and probably others,
though I realize that someday in the future when ppc macs finally fade from
the scene completely, brltty for the ppc architecture, at least on the Mac
platform, will again be unused. But I imagine that's a few years down the
road as most of us aren't going to just scrap our ppc machines.

--

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,
there will your heart be also."