[BRLTTY] Is it possible to set a braille text table from brlapi?

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Wed Dec 12 20:03:40 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 00:26 +0000, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Michael Whapples, le Thu 13 Dec 2007 00:17:48 +0000, a écrit :
> > Out of interest what actually uses the unicode braille patterns? Obviously brltty does, does any other software (including anything which would help me get my translator to output to an embosser)?
>
> For instance, libbraille does, and gnome-braille uses it for the braille
> table format.
>
> > Also would the unicode braille patterns be a good way for me to have the dots visible on screen to sighted people?
>
> Precisely, yes.
>From these answers, the displaying it visually seems the greatest
advantage. I used to use libbraille for a previous work like this, but
brltty I think will take its place (libbraille just doesn't seem to be
being developed any more and to be honest seemed to have some issues
when connecting to the display). I am not quite sure what gnome-braille
is for, I downloaded the latest version (which is quite old) and
couldn't find any documentation which actually showed me what the uses
might be or how to use it. If gnome-braille is worth me knowing about,
let me know, and where I can get more information.

From
Michael Whapples