[BRLTTY] Proof of concept code: Filter keyboard keypresses on Linux

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Dec 15 11:39:38 EST 2007

Andor Demarteau, le Sat 15 Dec 2007 17:28:30 +0100, a écrit :
> nice concept however for yoru special gkeys you could have used
> setkeycoeds and loadkey, at elast for the console.
> on my dell inspiron system some keypresses give off unknown keycode
> messages.
> It refers to setkeycodes to assign them

Right, but that only permits to assign them usual meanings or simulating
insertion of a string on the current console. That doesn't permit to
increase the volume of the sound board or activate the wireless network
for instance.  BTW, Mario, I think your piece of code may be of use for
a lot of people for these examples and not only non-sighted users.

Samuel