[BRLTTY] Filter keyboard keypresses on Linux

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sat Dec 15 13:21:58 EST 2007

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

>>some starting help for getting this into brltty core would
>>be very appreciated?  Dave?
>
> Sure. What are the recommendations regarding how it should be activated? A
> command line option? If so, what should happen on non-Linux platforms?

I would recommend it should only get activated if it is needed.
There could be an optional configuration file which the user can use
to define mappings of key combinations to brltty commands.
There could be also a core API for drivers to register mappings (for
those displays without buttons and for speech drivers).
If there are mappings present, the feature should get "activated",
and it could also print a warning on non-linux platforms in that case.

I think a command line option does not makes sense.

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'