[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Debian from Scratch images

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Dec 16 08:37:13 EST 2007

Hi,

Jason White, le Sun 16 Dec 2007 20:22:55 +1100, a écrit :
> Has anybody managed to create a Debian from Scratch image that loads BRLTTY
> automatically when booted?

Mmmm, this should already be the case with images starting from Etch.

But if you want to produce images, what you basically need is getting
the sources of debian-installer (apt-get source debian-installer),
and run make in build/. That will fetch udebs from debian mirrors and
build the debian installer. If you want to put your own debian-udeb
package, copy it into localudebs/, and make sure that location is set in
sources.lists.udeb.local if that file exists.

I strongly recommend not using the unstable version of debian-installer,
because it usually doesn't build :). The testing or stable version
should be fine.

> If so, what did you need to change in the dfsbuild configuration file,

dfsbuild only manages what .debs are put on the CDs, not what .udebs are
run by the installer.

Samuel