[BRLTTY] Problem: make rpm

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Feb 5 23:54:35 EST 2007

[quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2007/02/05 at 20:10 +0100]

>I got the following problem while compiling todays svn version:
>error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>   /usr/include/brlapi.h
>   /usr/include/brlapi_constants.h
>   /usr/include/brlapi_keycodes.h
>   /usr/include/brlapi_protocol.h

Thanks. These ones are easy. I'll fix them. But:

>   /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/brlapi.so

What about the bindings? Should our rpm include them? Perhaps each set of
bindings should be in its own additional package, e.g. brlapi-python?

Even then, though, there's still a problem. Notice above that the Python module
must be placed in a version-specific directory, i.e. python2.4. That'd make our
package be not very generic. Is there an obvious solution to this problem which
I'm just not seeing?