[BRLTTY] adding this list to Gmane

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Feb 6 21:14:16 EST 2007

Should we suggest to Dave that he add this list to Gmane to make it readable
over NNTP and via the Gmane archive and search engine? (http://www.gmane.org/
nntp://news.gmane.org/).

The anti-spam measures in place, for example the obfuscation of e-mail
addresses, are described on the Gmane Web site. Gmane can also be set up to
allow posting to the mailing list via the NNTP newsgroup, but I don't know how
this could best be set up to admit posts from Gmane while rejecting other
posts from non-subscribed addresses. Gmane uses a challenge/response procedure
and spam filtering in an effort to block spam posts to the newsgroups.