[BRLTTY] Warning to developers

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Feb 7 14:46:08 EST 2007

"mrkiko" <mrkiko.rs at gmail.com> writes:

> Why are we adding so much things but not cleaning up the brltty core a little?
> (see valgrind)

If you identify valgrind errors that are not false-positives,
you are invited to provide patches that fix these problems.
Even if you can't provide a patch, you might point the actual
problem out to us, and we'll have a look at it.

I've once looked at the valgrind output for some displays
I have, and saw a lot of "uninitialized memory" warnings
which for some reason were all false positives.

I.e., a lot of valgrind warnings doesn't necessarily mean
there are a lot of problems in the target app, actually, to me,
it created the reverse impression, namely there might be a lot of problems
in valgrind itself.

--
CYa,
  Mario