[BRLTTY] Need help - looking for live cd

Klaus Knopper brltty at knopper.net
Sun Feb 11 07:46:17 EST 2007

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 01:29:17PM +0100, Claassen, Ginger B. wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I know this might be a bit off topic but I would like to know if
> anyone knows a live system with brltty that supports an elba 40 s out
> of the box since I have no floppy drive on my laptop which decided to
> quit on me yesterday and I need to recover some data from it.
> Ok, I know, I should have made a backup but you know how it is ...
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Kind regards
>
>     Ginger

Knoppix has brltty support, you will have to boot with

knoppix brltty=type,dev,table

in order to get the right settings for your braille device.

However, we are in the progress of making a new Live CD with sbl instead
of brltty (in order to be able to use the system with only keyboard
navigation and software speech output, braille devices are optionally
also supported), see http://knopper.net/knoppix-adriane/index-en.html

Regards
-Klaus Knopper