[BRLTTY] Questions from an inexperienced coder

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Feb 12 11:15:02 EST 2007

[quoted lines by mrkiko on 2007/02/12 at 11:54 +0100]

>1 - Why is the contracted variabile declared out of the #ifdef/#endif clause?

Thanks. Fixed.

>2 - Why should we define ptrx and ptry variables out of an #ifdef/#endif?

Out of an ifdef/endif of what? gpm? If so, that's because the knowledge of
whether or not gpm has been enabled is only in the screen driver (and, out of
necessity, in the preferences menu), and those methods return usable defaults
if not.

>3 - At line 1018 in file main.c, we declare an integer variable called "i". Shy
>are we re-declaring it at line 1265 in the same file?

Thanks. The general purpose i has now been replaced by local definitions where
they're needed.