[BRLTTY] Re: Debian-Installer with BRLTTY (USB) test report

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Feb 15 18:27:00 EST 2007

Hi,

Mario Lang, le Thu 15 Feb 2007 23:06:51 +0100, a écrit :
>   Some files assume some prior knowledge by the user, i.e. key
>   labeling conventions usually provided in user manuals.

And in the case I told about, we didn't even have the user manuals...

> > Setting braille preferences (6 points for instance) was hence tricky: I
> > had to run brltty with the XWindow driver, set preferences there, save,
> > and copy the file to brltty-pm.prefs.  Not particularly handy :)
>
> Well, you could also have read the .hlp files
> in the BRLTTY Papenmeier source directory.

It didn't help a lot, since we didn't have the manual, so we didn't
know what "easy up1" means, for instance.  Now that I think twice about
it, "easy" is probably the bar that goes out from the front of el_80s I
guess ?

> However, this sort of demonstrates why binary config files are
> problematic.

Yes, particularly because I can't read braille, and my friend wasn't
very fluent with both braille and english, so settings parameters via
the braille device in this situation was just not possible :)

Samuel