[BRLTTY] Lack of speech output with Speech-dispatcher

hermann steppenwolf2 at onlinehome.de
Mon Feb 19 10:39:21 EST 2007

Hi all,
since I've installed brltty 3.8-dev, I've tested the speech output with
SD, and I found some lacks in SD's performance:
1. The "read entire screen from the current line" command doesn't work
at all. A test with FL and FV showed, that this command is working,
although there's is a sluggishness in FV.
2. Turning on autospeak and then read through a text in an editor,
doesn't result in continuos reading. SD omits some lines; there seems to
be no rule for that (e.g., it happens in some lines in some not). A test
with FL and FV showed that this feature is working correctly - FV's
sluggishness is here too.
The "read from top to current line" command always works.
When I try to read those lines SD doesn't speak with the "read current
line" command, SD is also silent.
Does anyone use SD as speech and has experienced similar lacks?
Regards
Hermann