[BRLTTY] optelec alva regel

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Feb 20 19:29:12 EST 2007

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 11:29:35AM +0100, Mario Lang wrote:
> Has the quality of baum hardware
> improved lately?

The newer models use a different casing: aluminium on the upper side and
plastic on the lower, which according to Baum is more durable. I don't know
how it is held together, though.

I have heard from reliable sources that the Baum Vario was designed to take
cells from any of the major manufacturers (Metec, KGS, etc.), and I expect
this is still true of the newer displays. My display uses KGS cells, which
according to KGS patents, have a number of features designed to prevent
shattering of the piezo elements and to facilitate servicing of the modules.