[BRLTTY] Problem with Last SVN and Speech dispatcher driver

Yannick PLASSIARD yan at mistigri.org
Fri Feb 23 10:00:52 EST 2007

Hi:
On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 09:06:02PM +0100, Hermann wrote:
> Hello Yannick,
> did you install libspeechd-dev? If not, you have to in order to build the
> Speech-dispatcher driver.
	I compiled it from sources, but maybe the headers installed in
/usr/local/include and not /usr/include.
The strange thing is that if I do in the SpeechDispatcher directory a
"make speech.o", it compiles. (so it succeeds to find the necessary
headers.

> What do you mean when you say you want to use Espeak and Cicero, as an
> alternative or together?
> Espeak works with Speech-dispatcher, and I don't know where's the place of
> Cicero there?
> As far as I know, Cicero must be started in brltty with the driver for
> external speech "es". Additionally Cicero needs mbrola as speech output.
I mean being able to quickly switch from a voice to another within
Speech-Dispatcher, especially for testing purposes.
Regards,

--
Yannick PLASSIARD
yan at mistigri.org