[BRLTTY] Slightly OT, cleaning braille display cells

Robin Williams robster3 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 12:09:08 EST 2007

Hi all,

  Sorry for the slightly off topic nature of this message.

  Do people on this list have any reccomendations about cleaning Braille
display cells? It has come to my attention that after a few month's usage,
some dots often remain in the up position when they should be down. I can
imagine that the cells could get a bit dirty if the Braille display is used
often, as mine is.

  I'm using a four-month-old Brailliant 40, which has been fine until the
last week or so. At the moment only a couple of dots are misbehaving. My
previous display, a Tieman Voyager, got in to a terrible state after
eighteen months.

  Any tips for keeping cells clean without damaging them will be much
appreciated, as I want to keep this display usable for at least three years.

Thanks for any help,
Robin Williams.
Robster3 at hotmail.com