[BRLTTY] Controlling creation of needed missing system resources.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jul 3 22:16:11 EDT 2007

Now that brltty will wait for the braille, speech, and screen drivers to start,
should the creation of needed but missing system resources (serial devices,
screen devices, mounting usbfs) be the only behaviour or should there be an
option to enable/disable it? I think we need a new optoin anyway because some
distributions, because of the way they're structured, would prefer that this
behaviour be disabled. So there are three questions:

1) Should there be an option?
2) If so, should the default be enabled or disabled?
3) Any suggestions for the name of the option?

A consideration for selecting a name for the option is that it'd be nice if it
could be sensibly represented by an as yet unused single letter.